Care recipient (cr) needs to get his her financial and legal affairs in order in case of a serious illness

Try: Gather everything possible about cr’s income property investments insurance and savings put copies of legal documents and other important papers in one place tell a trusted family member or friend where cr keeps his her important papers if cr doesn’t have a relative or friend he she trusts ask a lawyer to help

Materials: n/a

Categories: Sage, Topic, Emotional Psychological, Financial, Legal, Medical Physical

Information: Check with your doctor local family service agencies and community mental health agencies for referrals to counselors

References: caring for a person with alzheimer’s disease your easy-to-use guide from the national institute on aging by national institute on aging 2011 available at www nia nih gov

Keywords: Finances legal documents affairs in order important documents

*This information is listed as a Tip and is not explicitly medically licensed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.