Lack of insurance or private funds should not prevent Care recipient (cr) from receiving a walker or a wheelchair

Try: #ask a doctor’s nurse or a medical social worker for assistance explain the financial problem and ask for help finding free equipment or a grant to cover buying it #look for assistive equipment loan closets in senior or disability resource handbooks #read the ads or place an ad in area newspaper classifieds medical equipment much of it rarely used is often for sale #search the internet at home or at the library for sites that offer free stuff if you don’t see what you need post a request if you have limited internet experience ask a librarian to help you locate a site where items are given away free

Materials: Computer with internet access phone library newspaper handbook or guide to area senior services or resources list or area disability resources social worker or nurse

Categories: Financial, Personal, Mobility, Needs Some Assistance

Information: n/a

References: n/a

Keywords: n/a

*This information is listed as a Tip and is not explicitly medically licensed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *