Care recipient (cr) uses home oxygen therapy and is afraid of starting a fire in his her home

Try: Keep oxygen at least 6 ft away from flames or heat sources such as gas stoves barbecue grills space heaters candles and fireplaces do not use cleaning fluid paint thinner aerosol sprays or other flammable products while using oxygen keep a fire extinguisher at home within easy reach and tell the fire department that cr has oxygen in the house keep oxygen tanks upright make sure they do not fall over and get damaged

Materials: Fire extinguisher

Categories: Sage, Topic, Medical Physical

Information: n/a

References: respiratory care help 2008 by sherman oaks medical supplies available at www shermanoaksmedical com

Keywords: Oxygen therapy home oxygen fire safety smoking

*This information is listed as a Tip and is not explicitly medically licensed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *